Saturday, March 18, 2006

We made it!

With minimal drama!

The kids did great on the plane, nobody threw up or screamed or anything. I was so proud of them. Thus far everything has gone well. Today we're driving out to Right Between San Antonio and Houston and I'm gonna hang with the Amylovie's fam. Amylovie herself is currently drowning in yarn. Not a bad way to go.

Yesterday I got to go to two of my favorite places. First, I went to HEB. I absolutely love HEB. I can't get over how much cheaper food is here. My dad gave me $60 to buy the kids food that they'd eat (my parents' house is like being at Fat Camp, with Sugar-Free Bread and low-carb cereal... ugh) and I spent $59.34.

Then later, I went back to Yarn Barn for the second time in two days. They were having only the 3rd sale they've ever had in 35 years. So I went a little nutso. And when I say a little nutso, I mean I spent more than I did on groceries. I'm feeling a little guilty because I bought yarn with the same amount of money that would feed my kids for a week. But I'm on VACATION. Screw it.

It was 25% off of EVERYTHING!!! EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They had NORO! What was I supposed to do?

I'm totally gonna be like a bum, with Noro and Addi's sticking out of a brown paper bag, knitting while stumbling down the sidewalk and begging for change. And people will walk past me whispering "Don't give her any money, she's just gonna buy more yarn..."

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you got there safely and have your fibery priorities in order! Have fun with Amy!

SoberHope said...

I'll come join you on your corner. We can perform nasty, back alley, lesbian sex acts for people for yarn money.

It'll be great! Well, we'll at least have a ton of yarn!

Anonymous said...

Noro at 25% off? Your knitters license would have been revoked had you walked away from that ;o)

DomesticOverlord said...

Bwahahahaha! I'd give you change (but you'd have to bring some Noro back to the alley for me, we can knit it up around the flickering light of the trashcan fire).

Stacie said...

drunken yarn bum, LOL!

cpurl17 said...

You may end up a bum, but you'll have nice socks....

....have a great vacation!!

Zonda said...

Two words....SALE....VACATION..
need I say more ;).....

Lisa P said...

When you see Noro on sale for 25% off, I'm pretty sure it's a law somewhere that says you have to buy some.

Yup. A law. *nodnodnodnod*

...

...

...

Nope... that doesn't work on my husband either. :P