Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dammit.

I've already broken my Lenten Resolve not to buy yarn. Well, if the auction I'm currently bidding on doesn't go up $2 in the next hour, I will have bought yarn when I said I wouldn't. In fairness to myself, I put the bid in before Lent began. So maybe it shouldn't count. And hey, maybe I'll lose it in the last 30 seconds anyway. Why beat myself up?

Ok, I mean it now. No more yarn. Except when I'm on vacation. If I see a yarn shop in Texas, then yes, I'll have to make a tiny exception. And in April my cousin Amylovie will be opening Yarntopia. Yes, she's my actual blood cousin. In fact, I have a picture of us, her brothers, and my sister that I may have posted before. If I didn't, here it is, and if I did it's funny enough anyway that it deserves to be posted again. Hope she doesn't kill me.

She's in the green top. I'm the tallest. My sister is on the far right.



I've got a couple of Fun Little Contests going, so if you want to get in on the Oscar Par-tay thang, email me your predictions by Noon Central Time on Sunday.

And if you want to get in on the Fuggin Yankee Swap, email another of the world's vanishing breed of Beautiful Geniuses, Domestic Overlord.

And, tomorrow I shall post an Obituary for the 6-year-old Goldfish we just discovered dead in our tank.

UPDATE - Some jaggoff eBay SNIPER got in there at the last possible second and stole my yarn. Dammit. I guess I'm relieved. No, I'm not. I'm bitter. Grrrrrrr.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I didn't know you were related to Amylovie! Wow! I guess I now know three members of the fam. Cute pic of you all.

Stacie said...

That picture is timeless! That is many a cousin past, and looks kinda like my neices, nephews, kids too. Sweet....

Stacie said...

Oh yeah, P.S.
Isn't lent all about loop holes? Not a cathloic, but a faithless observer.

Anonymous said...

I'm lentignorant, but I do know that the last bit of your package contents has been ordered and is on its way to me right now, as you read this. Well, maybe. Anyway, it'll be here next week (we hope) and as soon as it gets here there will be a box of sparkly, shiny, new, lovely, wonderful, fabulous things headed your way :)

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Yeah, I'm really not that big into Lent either. You'll notice I'm not giving up Caffeine or Chocolate or Werther's Chewy Caramels or Cadbury Mini Eggs and Creme Eggs. Or Ice Cream. Or swearing, dammit.

I figured I'd give up buying yarn for 40 days, mainly just to see if I can do it. I'm not particularly hopeful that I'll make it, and I wholeheartedly believe that if I came across a Huge Terrific Yarn Blowout Sale and was unable to resist the temptation, God would certainly understand.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I was GONNA get 5 skeins of Silk Garden for less than $30. But it didn't happen.

It's ok, though. I have to bind off my Fugliness for the Big Fug-Off!

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to believe that y'all are related unless she says so. You're an evil deceptive temptress. She's a sweetie. it must come from her for me to believe it. I know better than to trust you.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Her Mom, MaryAnn of MaryAnn's Menagerie, is married to my mom's older brother. I have pictures of Maryann at my sister's wedding, if that helps in proving my case. Maybe I'll post those too.