Saturday, March 11, 2006

Ah have sayn the laaht! Prayzuh Jayzisuh!

Ok, since I'm on this yarn diet (day 11, if you're playing along at home) I've really been jonesin for the coziness of the LYS. I thought that I could go in and just absorb the atmosphere and leave without buying anything, which is really what usually happens, and then I'll go to Hobby Lobby and buy the cheap stuff.

And because I've been trying to be good and use up the yarn in the ol' stash, I've been looking online for some patterns to inspire me, and as I mentioned a few days ago, I found the Booga bag. It called for a 10.5 circ in either 16" or 24" length.

Long story short, I went for the Addi Turbo. And all I can say is...

YES! YES!! I BELIEVE!!!

Seriously, I flew through this pattern, started it yesterday and worked through a whole skein of Noro Kureyon in about 2 hours, which, for me, is like double-greased lightning. Worth every cent, my friends.

8 comments:

sgeddes said...

Ah, your hooked now! That's how it started for me. It took me about 1 project to keep stitches from just sliding off, but now Addis are almost all I ever knit with anymore. I call them my "slicker than snot" needles.

Pinkwool said...

Addis... still an elusive goal for me. I am not worthy of the experience of the Addi yet, perhaps a lil intimidation is the reason. Well that and I have never seen them in my LYS. lol Now don't go off knitting till your hands are all gnarly. :)

Jennifer said...

Ah, the Addi's siren song...

Mary Ann said...

Hi, Sarah. Since Amy fessed up to you that I read your blog, I will just go ahead and start commenting. First of all, I want you to know that I really enjoy your blog. I just wasn't sure you would feel comfortable with you old aunt reading your "smartassed" comments. But you make me laugh all the time.
Yes, Addis are the greatest. Amy introduced me to them, and I'm hooked too. We old-time knitters are used to plastic and aluminum from the Dark Ages. Addis are a definite improvement.
See you soon!

amylovie said...

Once you have the addis, you never go back.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to come to Weimar next weekend. We are just two weeks away from the shop opening, and I've got to spend what little free time I have on the weekends there while Kevin watches the girls. If it was during the week, I could swing it.

Amy

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Aunt MA -

I don't think I've said anything too horrible, have I? I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time I've embarrassed my family...

Amy -
Sad I won't get to see the twins :(
I'm so excited about the store!

Stacie said...

Wow, love the comments from your family! My mom reads my blog, and never posts a comment. That makes me feel better, don't want to be thinking of her while I'm venting! I really want to make the Booga bag too! I have never felted and am working a bag to be felted now, that isn't made of such $$ yarn. $6 a skien for the Brown Sheep! Wish me luck, any felting pointers?

Mary Ann said...

I came back to this post and read your comment on my comment. No, you haven't said anything horrible. But like Stacie (of the previous comment) said about her mother, I was afraid I might inhibit you somewhat, and since one of the major charms of this blog is its uninhibited spirit, I didn't want to spoil a good thing.