Monday, March 06, 2006

Bringin the Dish!



OH

MAH

GAWD...

Keira Knightley, sistah... you looked FANTASTIC. Mad fashion props go out to her and to Selma Hayek.

And, believe it or not, even Hilary Swank actually went for something feminine this year, for a refreshing change of pace.

I was really not blown away by anything Uberheinous this year, but there were a couple of dresses that I really hated.

Charlize
, are you hiding the head of Aileen Wuornos in there?

Sandra Bullock, honey, what's goin on with that neckline?

The frock sported by Amy Adams reminded me of a prom dress from the JCPenney catalog. I don't care if it is Carolina Hererra.

And Naomi Watts looked like she narrowly escaped a watery grave on her way to the Oscars.

I liked J-Lo's dress a lot, but I thought her makeup was icky. She looked like George Hamilton put it on for her... in the dark.

I caught some flack on the ol' Knittyboard for saying Jennifer Garner looked like she was pregnant again.

Here's where I'm coming from on that... She had her baby December 1. I myself have sons 10.5 months apart, so I know it's not impossible, ok?? I didn't mean it as an insult. I'm just sayin shit happens.




And I'm sticking to my opinion that her dress, from the angle I saw it, was NOT flattering. Please don't misunderstand me - I think Jen's cuter'n a bug's ear, I love her to pieces, I thought her little bit about how she does all her own stunts was genius comedic timing, but I just was not wild about her dress. Sorry to anyone I may have upset.

And I wasn't a big fan of Reese's dress either. Reminded me of a multi-tiered wedding cake. But major points for staying classy, modest and elegant.





Here's a list of all the Oscar winners. I didn't do so well in my predictions, but I did call it that Crash would upset Brokeback Mountain for Best Picture, did I not? Yes. Yes, I believe I did.

6 comments:

Ali said...

I think I got two predictions right. You'll have to look at my email. However, I did predict "Crash" as the Best Film.

Oy vay, do I feel like the big nerd. Where are all the pics of EVERYONE dressed up? hmmmmm?

I think I may have too much time on my hands on Sundays. :)

Stacie said...

okay, I am wit ya on the purdy dresses, I must add J.Lo. She looked classy in that olive green dress! My hubby says that Sandra Bullock's ass has gotten huge, and her dress was busy hiding that factoid. Charlize looked freaky, so did Nicole Kidman. That ultra bleached look and white dress...I dunno. I miss the swan dress...

Jennifer said...

I was a bit freaked out by Charlize's dress as well. That's quite a bow she's got. J Lo's makeup made her face look stretched in a bad "Brazil" kind of way.

Sarah said...

Woot! I loved Kiera's dress too. Love that color.

you have sons 10.5 months apart! Do they make you crazy insane sometimes! wow. I bow down.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Yeah. Dumb luck, that.

DomesticOverlord said...

Irish twins, they're called. Can't go through the day without offending someone, can I?

Salma Hayek is so freaking beautiful. I may get slaughtered for saying this but she's way hotter than Angelina Jolie.