Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Two Big Wieners!

Ha, just think of the Google hits I'm gonna get now...

Turtlegirl and Denise knew I was supposed to order my mother a Large House Blend from Starbux. Yay! Simple Green for you!! Send me your info.


Next Question:

How much did Mr. Pie earn by eating a bite of anchovy pizza?

(Jeez, I wish I could get paid to eat, don't you?)


So I spent several hours yesterday going over the bank stuff and I think I figured out the problem.

We spend more than we make.

Yup, that's what it boils down to.


If you're sitting there thinking, "Gosh, I wish I could help my cool friend Penny... y'know, without much effort...", here are some options.

1. You may have noticed the Ad Sense ad right under the banner. If it's advertising something that interests you, you can click on it. I hate to be a sellout, but in order for me to enjoy the leisurely lifestyle that allows me to blog, I felt it was necessary. Has anybody made any significant money off of Ad Sense? I have no idea how it works, but I'll let you know if I get a check for 17 cents.

2. Check out what I'm selling on eBay! Right now I'm selling Halloween costumes that are too little for my kids. There's an orangutan, two matching monkeys (REALLY CUTE), Princess Jasmine and Madeline. I'll probably post some more stuff up there soon, so keep an eye on it. I've even got a link near the top of my sidebar that says "Buy Stuff From Me", just to make it easier for ya.

3. Or, if you're not in the market for a Halloween costume (and even if you are), sign up at Mypoints.com, and say witlikerapier AT yahoo DOT com referred you. Lemme tell ya a little sumthin about Mypoints. I've been doing it for several years now, and I've earned at least a couple hundred dollars in various gift cards just by reading my email and buying stuff I would buy anyway. It takes a while, but it's totally easy, and you guys KNOW I wouldn't endorse it if I thought it was a scam. They have good customer service too, which is always a plus.

4. On the subject of referrals, you can also help a sistah out by joining Paperbackswap.com or by ordering from Adagio Teas via the button on my sidebar (Adagio even has a $5 off coupon!).


Seriously, though, we'll be okay. We've gotten by for longer on less. I'm not worried yet.

I am worried, however, about my Cardinals. Ok, maybe not really worried, more like Gravely Concerned. If we don't win tonight, we'll have to win two games in New York. My man Spiezio isn't playing tonight.



Parenting Blunder #178,345

I spend a lot of my day screaming at the kids. In my own defense, it's mainly just so I can be heard over their screaming. I'm screaming to get them to stop screaming. Yeah, it's stupid. I'm sure Supernanny would rip me a new one.

So last night at bedtime I told the boys the story of the boy who cried "Wolf", hoping to convey the idea that when you scream ALL DAY, someday there's going to be an emergency where you really need to scream to get my attention and I won't know there's anything wrong because I'm so used to ignoring your screaming just to keep myself from beating the crap out of somebody.

Doesn't the kid get eaten by the wolf at the end of the story? He does when I tell it.

The boys lay there and cried. They couldn't fall asleep because they were both afraid a wolf was going to eat them. Yeah, that kinda backfired. I tried for about forty minutes to convince them that I made the whole story up and that wolves don't really eat people.

Then I re-told the story only this time I told it about two brothers who were playing in their backyard and screaming really loud and their mom came out and the neighbors came out because they thought something must be really bad if there were two little boys screaming that loud. And then the climax of the story is when one of the brothers gets his foot stuck in a hole and can't get out so they're screaming for their mom and for the neighbors but nobody comes because they the little boys are just playing.

Bottom line is that the new term for screaming is "The Emergency Voice". It's reserved for blood and fire and other emergencies. Improper use of the Emergency Voice is subject to severe punishment (insert wolf howling sound effect). Should be an interesting Halloween.

And did I mention I'm selling Halloween costumes?

6 comments:

Dan said...

I'll pull for the Cards. I want a rematch of the 68 Series. I think the Cards will be the easier team for the Deetroit TIGERS to beat. You should win tonight because Glavine isn't really that good.

I say $7 for the Pie.

Cindy said...

Mr. Pie earned $7. I remembered that one. I've flamed on the others. BTW, I have a dear friend who required her children to give "silent cheers" in the car so that her husband wouldn't run into a tree.

turtlegirl76 said...

Yay! Simple Green fo me! Woo Hoo! Now to figure out your e-mail, or maybe I'll just pm ya on the board.

Sounds like your storytelling ended up being really effective. No matter how traumatizing, lol.

DomesticOverlord said...

Seven dollars. I tell this story ALL the time.

buttercup said...

If I remember correctly it was $8. That was some hefty ka-ching for a bite of icky pizza.

AnneKaelber said...

De-lurking to share...

Your "Emergency Voice" reminds me of my phone rules when my son was smaller. The rule went "When Mom's on the phone, you only interrupt for blood, bone or vomit." As he got older, I had to expand that to "spurting blood, visible bone peaking through broken skin, and projectile vomiting" because he would come to me with his "Emergency Voice" for a little scrape from the cat. Hehehehe. Then, we realized that fire needed to be added...but only fire that affected us (living in Arizona at the time, that could have been indoors OR outdoors!)...not "Mom, a fire truck just went past!" Ah... gotta love the literal-mindedness of kids!