Tuesday, January 03, 2006

And another thing -

I've only made a couple of resolutions this year, and they're mainly just that I'd learn a couple of new things. Specifically, I'd love to learn to fly fish and to blow glass. Neither of which are particularly marketable skills, but still, I figured they'd be fun to learn. Last year I resolved to learn to knit and to bellydance, and to write a kids' book, and I'm proud to say that I did all three things. Randy's taking a class two nights a week starting tomorrow, so my schedule will be full, but I'll see what I can do.

You know how you allegedly learn something new every day? I'd like to write down the stuff I learn in 2006 and see how much smarter I am this time next year.

My major goal for the next 6 months is to get out of the house we're renting and into one that we OWN.

I'd like to give away a knitted scarf at least once a month.

I'd like to branch out with my knitting and maybe try socks or mittens or something that requires DPN proficiency. Right now I'm totally intimidated by DPN's. Maybe I'll grow some cajones and try a sweater. Of course, if I actually grew cajones I'd have to knit myself something manly like a smoking jacket (imagine Hugh Hefner in a hand-knit smoking jacket, ha, that's just funny). Then I'd have to learn how to smoke, and I'm not really willing to do that.

I need to organize my stash. Big time.

I'd like to use my sewing machine at least once this year.

I'm sure I'll add more half-assed resolutions as I think of them.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I say you shoulf definitely knit a sock. I just knit my first pair and I'm hooked.

DomesticOverlord said...

My dh used to be a glas blower's apprentice. He loved it. He talks about it a lot. I say go for it, I've got more useless or nearly useless skills than I can count so why not join my ranks?