Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tout le monde t'adore, Molly Bier!

Remember the Molly Bier story? Check this out. I got this email today:

Cher, Partenaire

J'ai le vif et réel plaisir de porter à votre connaissance une opportunité d'affaire qui vient de s'offrir à moi et pour laquelle je recherche très activement un partenaire.

En effet, au cours d'un voyage d'affaires que j'ai effectué à Kinshassa en République Démocratique du Congo (Ex-ZaÏre), j'ai fait la connaissance du Colonel KWAKOLA M'Bongola, Haut Responsable de l'armée de ce pays, Contrôleur Financier à l'Economie d'Etat.

Depuis, j'ai gardé le contact avec ce dernier et c'est à juste titre qu'il fait recours à moi aujourd'hui pour l'aider à réaliser une opération d'expédition de fonds.
La fragilisation accélérée du système bancaire doublée de la dégradation de la situation socio-politique de ce pays et la position proche du milieu prèsidentiel du Colonel l'oblige à quitter le territoire du Congo démocratique pour l'étranger (Cotonou) avec une fortune évaluée en USD soit 18 Millions.

Cette démarche du Colonel s'explique par diverses raisons.
Qu'il vous plaise cher Partenaire, de comprendre que je vous sollicite pour que l'opération d'expédition desdits fonds se fasse depuis Cotonou au profit de votre compte bancaire et par tranches successives.

Je vous saurai infiniment grès de me faire connaître votre avis sur la question et de pouvoir vous rencontrer à Cotonou en République du Bénin à une date de votre convenance afin qu'ensemble nous puissions étudier les différents contours de ladite transaction et ce dans ses moindres détails.

Dans l'attente de vos nouvelles, je vous prie cher partenaire, de croire en l'assurance de mes sentiments respectueux.

NB: Si intèrèssé merci de bien vouloir me répondre par mon mail direct caronromeoo@yahoo.fr


Now, I know enough French to have a pretty good idea of what this is about, but just to be sure, I ran it through the AltaVista BabelFish translator. And THIS is what I got. I thought it was kinda funny.


Expensive, Partenaire I have the sharp one and real pleasure of bringing to your attention a business appropriateness which has been just offered to me and for which I seek a partner very actively. Indeed, during a business trip which I carried out in Kinshassa in Democratic Republic of Congo (Ex-Zaire), I made the knowledge of Colonel KWAKOLA Me Bongola, High Responsible for the army for this country, Financial Contrôleur with the Saving in State.

Since, I kept the contact with the latter and it is rightly that it makes recourse to me to help it today to carry out an operation of forwarding of funds. The accelerated embrittlement of the banking structure doubled of the degradation of the situation socio-policy of this country and the position close to the prèsidentiel medium of the Colonel oblige it to leave the territory of democratic Congo for the foreigner (Cotonou) with a fortune evaluated in USD is 18 Million.

This step of the Colonel is explained by various reasons. That it you like dear Partenaire, to understand that I solicit you so that the operation of forwarding of the aforesaid funds is done since Cotonou with the profit of your bank account and by successive sections.

I you will be able infinitely sandstone to make known myself your opinion on the question and to be able to meet you in Cotonou in Republic of Benign on a date of your suitability so that together we can study various contours of the aforementioned transaction and this in his least details. In waiting of your news, I request dear partner from you, to believe in the insurance of my respectful feelings.

NB: If intèrèssé thanks for agreeing to answer me by my direct mall caronromeoo@yahoo.fr



How do they keep finding me?

5 comments:

Poops said...

Hmmmm, perhaps the largesse of Molly Miller has travelled the globe. Pourquoi did you get it en francais? That's odd, n'est ce pas?

PK has gone global...

Bezzie said...

What's funny is I know that bablefish will garblefish up the traslations--however in this case, I think if this letter was written in English first it would still be that poorly written.

Infinitely sandstonily yours,
Bezzie

ZantiMissKnit said...

That letter seemed kinda like the boring person you were talking to on the phone. I skimmed through it. ;-)

That kind of scam has been around for years, too -- before email, we used to get it in a letter form, but it was usually from Nigeria. Someone is always trying to pull a stupid scam.

Helen said...

hehe.

i agree with Bez.

I also like how it is "ex-Zaire" like they ran out of scams for the original...

Batty said...

Wow, it's more like a babblefish! I like Bezzie's garblefish too. So amusing! Why do I suddenly have the urge to find some French erotica and run it through the translater to see what comes out on the other end?

Or maybe something legal. Like a statute or an opinion. That would be funny too.