Thursday, March 29, 2007

Just Bummed.

It's the first moment I've had to myself in over a week. And I'm sad. I miss the Apes. I couldn't wait to get away from them, and now I miss them. I have nothing to do, nowhere to go, and no motivation to do any of the around-the-house stuff I know I should do. I feel like crying.

I need a pedicure. And a manicure. And a haircut. And a root touch-up. I need to find a gift for a birthday party Pie's going to on Saturday. I actually do NEED to go shopping. And I just don't feel like it. I could update my bank balance. I should. I know it's not negative, so now would probably be a great time to dive right into it and get it straightened out knowing I'm not going to be too unpleasantly surprised. But I just don't feel like it. I just don't.

I could knit something but I've already got too many UFO's that I don't feel like finishing and I don't want to start anything new, as it will certainly wind up in the UFO Universe before long.

I hate when I get like this. There's no specific reason why, I'm just bummed out. I don't want it to be summer already. I'm not prepared. I haven't shaved my legs yet. I mean, really, what's the point? Six months later, ya just gotta shave 'em again. Why bother?

I kinda feel like noshing on something but I don't want to eat when I'm bored, lonely or sad, and if I start I don't think I'll be able to stop. I don't want to turn to retail therapy because I don't want to spend any money. I spent too much yesterday. And I suddenly realized that for less money than I spent on haircuts for the three kids (which I will NEVER do again), I had summer wardrobe updates for each of them, plus a dress and a pair of pants for myself. Unbelievable.

I don't think it's the housing thing that's got me down, although it might be. It's no secret that I hate the agency who rents this house to us. But, as we've been shopping around, we've seen that what we pay to live in this area - with no homeowner's insurance, no association fees, no property taxes, and no maintenance expenses - is a pretty decent deal. So maybe we'll stay. Again. Sigh. I actually feel more in control of it now, though. Like we're staying by choice. Kinda.




But you know what always makes me feel better?

MY POWER ANTHEM. Enjoy.







LL COOL J LYRICS

"Mama Said Knock You Out"

[LL]

C'mon man

[News Report]

And with the local DBT news, LL Cool J with a triumphant comeback
[mumbling]
but tonite...

[LL]

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon
Listen to the bass go BOOM
Explosion, overpowerin
Over the competition, I'm towerin
Wreckin shop, when I drop these lyrics that'll make you call the cops
Don't you dare stare, you betta move
Don't ever compare
Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced
Competition's payin the price

[Chorus:]

I'm gonna knock you out (HUUUH!!!)
Mama said knock you out (HUUUH!!!)
[REPEAT 4X]

Don't u call this a regular jam
I'm gonna rock this land
I'm gonna take this itty bitty world by storm
And I'm just gettin warm
Just like Muhummad Ali they called him Cassius
Watch me bash this beat like a skull
Cuz u know I had beef wit
Why do u riff with me, the maniac psycho
And when I pull out my jammy get ready cuz it might go
BLAAAAW, how ya like me now?
The river will not allow
U to get with, Mr. Smith, dont riff
Listen to my gear shift
I'm blastin, outlastin
Kinda like Shaft, so u could say I'm shaftin
Old English filled my mind
And I came up with a funky rhyme

[Chorus]
[LL]

Breakdown!!!

Shadow boxin when I heard you on the radio (HUUUH!!!)
I just don't know
What made you forget that I was raw?
But now I got a new tour
I'm goin insane, startin the hurricane, releasin pain
Lettin you know that you can't gain, I maintain
Unless ya say my name
Rippin, killin
Diggin and drillin a hole
Pass the Ol' Gold

[Chorus]

Shotgun blasts are heard
When I rip and kill, at WILL
The man of the hour, tower of power, I'll devour
I'm gonna tie you up and let you understand
that I'm not your average man
when I got a jammy in my hand
DAAAAAM!!!!! Oooooohh!!
Listen to the way I slaaaaay, your crew
Damage (UHH) damage (UHH) damage (UHH) damage
Destruction, terror, and mayhem
Pass me a sissy so suckas I'll slay him
Farmers (What!!!) Farmers (What!!!)
I'm ready (we're ready!!!)
I think I'm gonna bomb a town (get down!!)
Don't u neva, eva, pull my lever
Cuz I explode
And my nine is easy to load
I gotta thank God
Cuz he gave me the strength to rock
HARD!! knock you out, mama said knock you out

[Chorus]

5 comments:

Dame Wendy said...

You know what I do when I'm like that? I read a completely trashy, sappy romance novel. Preferably with a Pirate and the woman who makes him turn all lovey and passionate. If he has to save her life at some point even better. Good stuff.

I have to admit that after reading about your anthem I immediately downloaded it and have been listening to it as I pour candles. It rocks.

Elizabeth said...

OMFG- way to represent with some LL Cool J. Hey, with the leg-shaving thing, just be like us Alaskan chicks, and well, don't do it. Use the excuse that summer evenings get chilly, and ummm... you need extra insulation. Bleaching said leg hair helps if you are concerned about the appearance. Plus, you can impress your friends and wow people at parties once you get to the point where you can braid it. Leg cornrows anyone?

Poops said...

Hmmm, with the prospect of both a new job (possibly) and summer vacation just on the horizon, you should crack a beer, crank the power anthems, and settle in on your arse for some quality time with yourself.

Maybe a conditioning treatment for the leg hairs...

turtlegirl76 said...

(((HUGS))) Sorry you're having a crap time lately.

I still blame you for Sanjaya.

Carol said...

sometimes i feel like that too. So I go to the library and pick up a book that looks good that is out of my normal genre. Then I settle down at home with a nice hot drink. Tea, hot chocolate, lemonade in the summer whatever works and read while enjoyin gthe ignoring of all the things I "should" do. Who cares if the vacuming isn't done Are the vacum police going to take me away? Nope. Just enjoy something a little different.