Monday, February 27, 2006

Pick Your Oscar Favorites!

Email me your predictions and the one with the most correct will win an UberFantastic Surprise from Me!


Best Picture
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Crash
Good Night, and Good Luck
Munich

Best Actor in a Leading Role
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Capote
Terrence Howard, Hustle & Flow
Heath Ledger, Brokeback Mountain
Joaquin Phoenix, Walk the Line
David Strathairn, Good Night, and Good Luck

Best Supporting Actor
George Clooney, Syriana
Matt Dillon, Crash
Paul Giamatti, Cinderella Man
Jake Gyllenhaal, Brokeback Mountain
William Hurt, A History of Violence

Best Actress in a Leading Role
Judi Dench, Mrs. Henderson Presents
Felicity Huffman, TransAmerica
Keira Knightley, Pride & Prejudice
Charlize Theron, North Country
Reese Witherspoon, Walk the Line

Best Supporting Actress
Amy Adams, Junebug
Catherine Keener, Capote
Frances McDormand, North Country
Rachel Weisz, The Constant Gardner
Michelle Williams, Brokeback Mountain

Best Adapted Screenplay
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
The Constant Gardener
A History of Violence
Munich

Best Original Screenplay
Crash
Good Night, and Good Luck
Match Point
The Squid and the Whale
Syriana

Best Foreign-Language Film
Don't Tell (Italy)
Joyeux Noel (France)
Paradise Now (Palestinian Authority)
Sophie Scholl (Germany)
Tsotsi (South Africa)

Best Cinematography
Batman Begins
Brokeback Mountain
Good Night, and Good Luck
Memoirs of a Geisha
The New World

And of course, after the Oscars come back and read my Oscar Night Fashion Report. I can be just as catty as Steven Cojocaru or whatever the feck his name is.

I guess I'll go ahead and post my predictions, with the Disclaimer that I haven't seen, like, ANY of these. I have kids. I usually don't get to see anything that's not animated. Basically, with the exception of Brokeback Mountain, if it's not on DVD yet, I haven't seen it.

For Best Picture, I would love to see Crash sneak in there and win it. That was a fantastic movie. If you haven't seen it, you MUST. There is a plot twist in there that will blow your mind. I loved Brokeback Mountain, but I'm not sure it's going to win. I'm just thinkin Hollywood's not ready for The Gay Cowboys to get the Big Prize.

Best Actor, another dark horse perhaps - I'm going with David Strathairn. And for Best Actress, I just love that Felicity Huffman.

In the Supporting Actor/Actress categories, I like George Clooney (hell, I love the man in ANY category, even on Facts of Life with his 80's Mullet, 'member that??!!?) and Frances McDormand, just because I think she's feckin brilliant.

Screenplays Original and Adapted will go to Syriana and Brokeback Mountain, respectively.

Foreign Language film? Huh? Paradise Now sounds as good as any. Kinda reminds me of "SERENITY NOW!" a la Mr. Costanza.

Cinematography. I was impressed by Brokeback Mountain's cinematography. Again, it's the only one of the nominees that I've seen. And I see the Awards People willing to give Brokeback Mountain a prize like this one since I'm standing by my prediction that it's not gonna win the Best Picture Oscar.

5 comments:

SoberHope said...

You know, I did this exact thing for a contest I entered. I have, honestly, no freaking clue about any of it. It was all blind guessing. The only movie I've seen out of all of those is Walk the Line and that was just a couple nights ago.

I suck at pop culture. But I do eat up the 'What the Fuck Was SHE Thinking?' after event fashion bash articles. I love to see people make idiots of themselves. The fact that the rich and famous don't hire someone to make sure they don't is great!

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Seriously - if I could have the job of Telling Some Famous Person to check themselves in the mirror just one more time before they leave the house, I'd be phenomenally rich.

Seriously, if the hardest part of my day was raising my eyebrow at Hilary Swank and saying "Oh, honey... no.", that might just be the job for me.

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Wouldn't that be the life? You forgot boob-groping. Haven't the red carpet commentators added that to their repetoire now too?

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

If you worked for Tara Reid you'd have to be on BoobWatch all the time, so she doesn't fall out of her dress again. I bet that shit would get old REAL quick.