Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Knitting Dimension

Here's the thing - I feel compelled to add a knitting dimension to this blog to offset the pervading theme of general bitterness. I don't think of it as bitterness. I think of it as self-deprecating humor that occasionally adopts a different target than myself, and then it's just HUMOR.

SO, needles up to the knitting blog blab - I knit, and I love it. I'm pretty sure it's the only thing I've ever sucked at, yet still enjoyed. I'm probably too tough on myself, I'm really not that bad. As long as it's a fairly simple pattern that doesn't require tricky seaming, I'm pretty good. Scarves, for example, are currently my raison d'etre, mainly because I can never afford to buy the amount of yarn necessary to make anything substantial like a vest or a sweater. I think I'll gather all my knitted stuff that I haven't given away and take a pic and post it like the proud creator that I am. Then I can also send thanks and mad props to the secret pal that pulls my name in the Knitty Holiday Secret Pal thing I'm doing.

Right now I'm making my mom a poncho if I can figure out how to do it, and I started on this scarf using this really pretty Lion Brand Landscapes yarn that was 50% off at the Hobby Lobby that just opened right by me (WOO HOO!!!), but I did it in stockinette and the edges are curling under funny so I'm going to see if felting and blocking it helps. I like being able to putz around with my work and so there really aren't any mistakes. I love that. If only the rest of my life were like that. If only I could knit dinner. Or a minivan.

No comments: