Friday, December 16, 2005

Da Man be keepin me down.

Man, I got in trouble for offering my specially-mixed Christmas CD's to Knitty friends. Copyright Infringement. Bad. I know ignorance of the law is no excuse, but I thought if I had paid for the CD's used in the Mix and wasn't profitting off of it, then it was ok. Well, that kinda made my day suck just cuz I felt like such an ass. But just for fun, here is the track list that wasn't.

Marshmallow World – Vic Damone
Must Be Santa – Brave Combo
Merry Christmas, I Love You – James Brown
Suzy Snowflake – Rosemary Clooney
Jingle Bells? - Barbra Streisand
I Hate Christmas – Oscar the Grouch
Sleigh Ride – Squirrel Nut Zippers
Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel – A South Park Christmas
Frosty the Snowman – Leon Redbone and Dr. John
Cha-Cha All The Way – Capital Studio Orchestra
Hark, The Herald Angels Sing – A Charlie Brown Christmas
Jingle Bell Rock – Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass
The Delicious Dish – Margaret Jo Mc Cullen, Terry Rialto, and Pete Schweddy
Feliz Navidad – Jose Feliciano
Jingle Bells – The Singing Dogs
Christmas is Going to the Dogs – The Eels
Christmas Trumpets – Ray Anthony
The Merry Christmas Polka – Jim Reeves
The Man With the Bag – Kay Starr
We’re a Couple of Misfits – Rudolph and Herbie
Fairytale of New York – The Pogues
I Farted on Santa’s Lap – The Little Stinkers
Mele Kalikimaka – Bing Crosby
You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch – How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Feels Like Christmas – Cyndi Lauper
White Christmas – Goldfinger
Dysfunctional Family Christmas Album Highlights
Deck the Halls / We Wish You a Merry Christmas – Neil Diamond

A G-rated version also included :

Oh Holy Night – Eric Cartman
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow – Jessica Simpson (shudder)
Christmas Wrapping – The Spice Girls
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas – Gayla Peevy
Children’s Christmas Song – Diana Ross and the Supremes

Not all the songs truly suck, some are just uniquely different, or ubercheesy (my made-up adjective of the day), which makes me smile. I offered to call people up and sing the song of their choice to them on the holiday of their choice, vainly trying to recreate the full-on, undiluted heinousness of RuPaul's "I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus". So far, no takers. Sigh.

In other news, everyone is recovering from their respective afflictions of the last week. Randy's back at work after his Strep that he so generously shared with me. I'm fine (moms don't get sick days), Nat's eye is fine after getting a microscopic piece of dust in it. Ryan's infected cut is better, and Tommy's not complaining about his earache anymore. In a 24-hour period, each of us had a prescription filled.

One of the ladies I was collecting Christmas stuff for came by to pick stuff up today, and she was really cool. I also gathered more toys for the little kids, which was fun. Then I updated our bank balance, which was NOT fun but quite satisfying when done. I'm actually within $4 of what the bank says we have. And that's good enough for me.

I gotta get crackin on the scarves for my gifts. I wish I could knit faster or knit with my toes so I could get more of them done. I figure I'll start the Scarf Project after the holidays, when random acts of giving would be more unexpected.

No comments: