Monday, December 12, 2005

I don't know why I even bother trying...

... to fall asleep. Like, EVER. Somehow my children are able to sense the moment that I find myself standing at the threshhold of Dreamland, about to be ushered in by Johnny Depp who's graciously inviting me to dream about him. Yeah, my kids have Spidey senses and THAT's the moment when one of them needs something immediately, in the middle of the night.

Or else it's the moment when I think hubby finally stopped snoring, then I hear the sudden GHHHHHHSSSSHHHOOOOOONNNNNNKKKKK jerking me, like a dog on a short leash, back into the reality of Insomnia.

I swear my brain is like the headlines ticker at the bottom of CNN, a constant thread of unrelated thoughts cycling through, repeating ad infinitum. Ooooh, look! Two years of Latin is coming in handy at 3am! WOO HOO!!!

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit.

No comments: