Saturday, December 24, 2005

HO HO HO, A**hole!

I actually heard this phrase today in the Old Navy parking lot. I didn't see what preceded it, but I'd imagine it had to do with a parking space dispute.

Right now I'm putting together this dipshit presentation thingie for my sister's upcoming nuptials. Her inlaws-to-be are like Harry described as "the worst kind" of people in When Harry Met Sally, High Maintenance people who think they're Low Maintenance. Uptight people who think they're laid back. I love 'em, but this wedding thing has worn me out with their petty demands veiled as itty bitty requests.

They asked me to whip up a little slide show of photos of the bride and groom as kids and whatever (like I have TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME...) so I did, and now I'm adding music to it, and I'm looking for the absolute most obnoxious, sappy, icky song I can find. I'm open to suggestions. Right now I'm perusing the Celine Dion Arsenal of Heinousness and I'm ready to saw my own ears off with a rusty butterknife.

Meanwhile, Beebie and Pie are watching Fantastic 4, and Mr. T. is takin a nap. Hubbypoo is on his way home with a buttload of batteries and a newspaper. He was up till 1am wrapping gifts last night since I was really stressed about having to do it all tonight. He got more than half of it done while I collapsed in bed after an afternoon of baking Cheddar Cheese Straws for the Annual Family Christmas Soiree. He is the absolute best guy ever. I'm more and more convinced of it every day.

No comments: